Wow! Completing a task analysis of the 'Reading Process' was not an easy task. Trying to think through every step of the reading process provided challenges. I understand some aspects of the process, but certainly am not an expert in this area, so through reading a few articles and viewing other's maps of the process, my partner and I were able to piece together all that we learned to create our own version of the steps in the reading process. I am hoping to use this map in my class with students that are struggling to read. Hopefully it will be helpful to students in understanding why they may be having difficulties. There are so many elements that have to be 'just right' in order for reading and comprehension to occur - it is easy to see how the process may go astray!

After viewing many of our classmates reading task analysis I find it amazing how very very different each design and flow is. It is interesting to see that most start in similar ways and have similar categories however the details are different. It is also interesting to see how different groups have connected the different processes. I must say, Connie and Bill, I find your reading task analysis the most eye catching. I really enjoy the design. How did you get your flow chart inside the arrow? I really like how you linked the eyes and ears to the brain. This graphic representation you have created helps to make a very difficult and involved process easier to understand.
ReplyDeleteConnie and Bill- I really like the layout of your task analysis. It was easy to see the flow of the process and I liked how you had individual sections for each subtopic- loved the arrow! I agree that there are many aspects of the reading process and that it is difficult to be an "expert" in each area. Through working through this process, there were numerous aspects I was really not that familiar with. I also agree that with so many involved and interrelated aspects in this process, it would be easy for all to go astray.
ReplyDelete